Three-week intensive offered for the first time in summer 2020
Registration for this session is now closed. More dates will be posted during the fall semester.
In this moment of tremendous challenge and opportunity, we are excited to offer students the tools to collaborate with communities and pursue change in any issue of public concern. This is a great opportunity to become part of a small cohort of action-oriented students and prepare to participate in Cornell’s rich ecosystem of community-engaged learning and social change.
During the three-week intensive series, students participate in eight hours of readings and online gatherings, including an orientation, workshops, dialogues and a celebration. Together they will:
- Explore the building blocks of community-engaged leadership
- Prepare for action through readings and dialogue
- Reflect on their mindset for taking action
- Explore their social identities
This summer intensive satisfies the Leadership Education components of Stage 1 of the Certificate in Engaged Leadership. Students who complete the intensive can opt to continue with the three-stage certificate program.
There is no cost to participate in the summer intensive.
Summer 2020 Dates
Intensive session one: June 29 to July 16
Registration for this session is closed.
All times 2-3pm EDT
- Monday, June 29 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, July 2 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Monday, July 6 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, July 9 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Monday, July 13 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, July 16 Celebration
Intensive session two: July 27 to August 13
Register for the orientation to get started.
All times 2-3pm EDT
- Monday, July 27 Orientation to the Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- Thursday, July 30 Pre-Engagement Workshop
- Monday, August 3 Dialogue 1 Asset-Based Community Development
- Thursday, August 6 Connecting Identity to Community Workshop
- Monday, August 10 Dialogue 2 Connecting Identity to Systems
- Thursday, August 13 Celebration
More dates will be posted during the fall semester.
Contact email@example.com with questions.