Funding for Faculty & Staff
Community-engaged learning funding for faculty and staff comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Take a look at the three funding areas to see what best suits your work.
- Grants fund community-engaged learning courses, research and scholarship.
- Seeds and supplements help faculty and staff get smaller projects off the ground or add a community-engaged learning component to another grant project.
- Awards honor and celebrate faculty with a history of exemplary engagement.
Engaged Research Grants
Funding scholarship and scientific research collaborations with undergraduates and community partners.
- Funding: $50,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- There are two application rounds annually. The first application was due on February 28, 2020
- Application is due on October 16, 2020 in 104 days
Engaged Curriculum Grants
Funding teams that are integrating community-engaged learning into new and existing curricula.
- Funding: $100,000 maximum
- The application was due on April 30, 2020. The application is now closed.
Seeds and Supplements
Community Engagement Presentation Fund
Supporting the development, dissemination and presentation of community-engaged work by faculty, staff, community partners and students. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $500 maximum
Engaged Opportunity Grants
Supporting a wide range of community-engaged learning projects, from student leadership programs and partnership building to events and conference travel. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $5,000 maximum
- The application was due on April 30, 2020. This application will reopen in the fall.
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Funding: $10,000 maximum
- Application is due on July 13, 2020 in 9 days
Engaged Scholar Prize
Given to a faculty member who inspires with innovative approaches to community-engaged learning and research.
- Funding: $30,000 prize to expand work
- The application was due on November 26, 2019. Nominations for the 2021 prize will open in fall 2020.
George D. Levy Faculty Award
Recognizing a faculty member whose community collaborations serve as models for outstanding community-engaged learning in higher education.
- Funding: $5,000
- The application was due on October 30, 2019. Nominations for the 2021 prize will open in fall 2020.