Funding for Faculty & Staff
Engaged Cornell funding for faculty and staff comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Take a look at the three funding areas to see what best suits your work.
- Grants fund community-engaged courses, research and scholarship.
- Seeds and supplements help faculty and staff get smaller projects off the ground or add a community-engaged component to another grant project.
- Awards honor and celebrate faculty with a history of exemplary engagement.
Seeds and Supplements
Community Engagement Presentation Fund
Supporting the development, dissemination and presentation of community-engaged work by faculty, staff, community partners and students. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $5,000 maximum
Engaged Opportunity Grants
Supporting a wide range of community-engaged projects, from student leadership programs and partnership building to events and conference travel. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $5,000 maximum
- Application is due on February 11, 2020 in 85 days
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Funding: $10,000 maximum
- The application was due on June 19, 2019. The deadline for this application has passed. It will reopen again in May 2020.
Engaged Curriculum Grants
Funding teams that are integrating community engagement into new and existing curricula.
- Funding: $100,000 maximum
- The application was due on April 9, 2019. The application is now closed.
Grants for Faculty Research on Engagement
Supporting faculty who are investigating community-engaged learning and research and its specific impacts.
- Funding: $100,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on January 31, 2019. The application is closed.
Engaged Undergraduate Research Grants
Expanding the number of students involved in emerging or established community-engaged research.
- Funding: $40,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on January 22, 2019. The application is closed.
Engaged Scholar Prize
Given to a faculty member who inspires with innovative approaches to community-engaged learning and research.
- Funding: $30,000 prize to expand work
- Application is due on November 26, 2019 in 8 days
George D. Levy Faculty Award
Recognizing a faculty member whose community collaborations serve as models for outstanding community engagement in higher education.
- Funding: $5,000
- The application was due on October 30, 2019. Nominations for the 2021 prize will open in fall 2020.