Engaged Cornell is everywhere, and anyone at Cornell can be involved. But there is a dedicated team of leaders and staff stewarding the Engaged Cornell mission and strategy and managing the day-to-day operations.
Engaged Cornell Leadership
- Katherine McComas, Vice Provost, Engagement and Land-Grant Affairs
- Anthony Burrow, Provost’s Fellow for Public Engagement
- Julia Felippe, Provost’s Fellow for Public Engagement
- Ryan Lombardi, Vice President, Student and Campus Life
- Lisa Nishii, Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
- Amy Russ, Principal Gifts Officer, Alumni Affairs and Development
- Basil Safi, Executive Director, Office of Engagement Initiatives
- Julia Thom-Levy, Vice Provost, Academic Innovation
- Wendy Wolford, Vice Provost, International Affairs
Office of Engagement Initiatives (OEI)
OEI staff lead programs, host workshops, administer grants, manage communications (including this website), connect Cornellians to community partners and do much more to amplify the Engaged Cornell mission. If you have a question about community engagement at Cornell and don’t know who to ask, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
- Anna Sims Bartel, Associate Director, Community-Engaged Curricula and Practice
- Mike Bishop, Director, Student Leadership
- Joy Das, Program Manager, Student Leadership
- Aaron Goldweber, Senior Director, Communications
- Dhyana Gonzalez, New York State Partnership Liaison
- Lorie Gordinier, Grants Manager
- Sarah Hazlitt, Domestic Logistics Coordinator
- Richard Kiely, Senior Fellow, Program Evaluation
- Ashlee McGandy, Content Strategist
- Basil Safi, Executive Director
- Amanda Wittman, Associate Director, Community-Engaged Curricula and Strategy
For more information about OEI, visit the website.
Faculty Advisory Committee, 2017-19
The Faculty Advisory Committee is responsible for thought leadership, a research agenda for Engaged Cornell and preparation of the next generation of engaged-learning scholars.
- Debra Castillo, Stephen H. Weiss Presidential Fellow, Emerson Hinchliff Professor of Hispanic Studies and Director of the Latino/a Studies Program, Department of Latina/o Studies
- Marianne Krasny, Professor and Director of the Civic Ecology Lab, Department of Natural Resources
- Bruce Levitt, Professor, Department of Performing and Media Arts
- Scott Peters, Professor, Department of Development Sociology
- Robert Weiss, Professor of Molecular Genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences
- K. Max Zhang, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering