Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement (SVYM) in India
Cornell Global Health and ILR students are placed in Mysore, India, for a two-week course, in which they learn about Indian culture, global health and industrial and labor relations. After the course, the student participate in community-engaged activities, where they work on one of a number of issues from education policy to corporate social responsibility to HIV-AIDS to nutrition. Through this program, the students develop cross-cultural competency and knowledge of global health in the context of India.
- Annika Bjerke ’19, College of Arts and Sciences
- Julia Burstein ’19, College of Human Ecology
- Clara Chung ’19, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Autumn Frost ’19, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Winnie Ho ’19, College of Arts and Sciences
- Nicolette Jew ’18, College of Arts and Sciences
Community-Engaged Student Travel Grants
Funding students who are spending winter or summer break participating in community-based research activities or service-learning projects.