You work hard to support students. At the Community Engagement Staff Institute, you'll get the support you need to help advance community engagement at Cornell.
The next CESI will be held in 2018. Watch this webpage or subscribe to the Engaged Cornell Update for more information.
Attend this daylong institute and …
- gain a better understanding of community engagement at Cornell
- learn best practices for supporting students who are community engaged
- reflect on your career and identify skills that can help you facilitate high-quality community engagement
- connect with and learn from staff colleagues experienced in partnering with local, national and global communities
- learn about other community engagement opportunities available at Cornell
Sessions and Topics
(These are the topics from CESI 2016, and they may change for future institutes.)
- Community Engagement 101
- What is community engagement?
- Where and how is it happening at Cornell?
- Diving Deep in Community Engagement: A Model for Professional Development
- What are core competency areas for community engagement professionals?
- What professional roles and practices best support community engagement?
- Stakeholder Analysis
- How can I work with key stakeholders to advance community engagement practice?
- What’s my professional development action plan?
CESI is for:
- professional or academic staff who lead or support community engagement initiatives involving students
- internship or other career services professionals who support student placements
- Cornell Cooperative Extension association staff
- other student services staff, including advisors, residence life staff and program managers
- docents, librarians and others
It is not for:
- faculty (instead see the Engaged Faculty Fellowship Program or the Faculty Institute on Community Engaged Learning and Teaching)