Community engagement. Public engagement. Service-learning. No matter what you call it, it’s a proven way to enhance student learning while making a positive difference in partner communities. Are you interested in making your course an engaged one? At CELT, you’ll learn how to turn that interest into action.
May 21-22, 2018
423 ILR Conference Center, King-Shaw Hall
CELT is co-sponsored with the Center for Teaching Innovation.
Join us for the two-day retreat. Through readings, in-depth discussions, and workshops, you will …
- find out how to create an engaged learning environment by integrating high-impact learning practices into your courses
- explore learning outcomes appropriate to service-learning
- discuss effective tools that encourage students in critical self-reflection
- form an action plan for connecting with community partners
- begin building a network of support with colleagues from across campus
Cornell faculty members, staff experts and guest facilitators will lead sessions and discussions.
All Cornell tenured or tenure-track faculty
The institute is designed for faculty who are interested in community engagement and service-learning but who have not yet made it a major focus of their teaching.
$500 research stipend