Funding for Faculty & Staff
Engaged Cornell funding for faculty and staff comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Take a look at the three funding areas to see what best suits your work.
- Grants fund community-engaged courses, research and scholarship.
- Seeds and supplements help faculty and staff get smaller projects off the ground or add a community-engaged component to another grant project.
- Awards honor and celebrate faculty with a history of exemplary engagement.
Engaged Curriculum Grants
Funding teams that are integrating community engagement into new and existing curricula.
- Funding: $150,000 four-year maximum (see details)
- Letter of Intent for new applicants
is due on January 17, 2019 in 117 days
- Application is due on April 9, 2019 in 199 days
Grants for Faculty Research on Engagement
Supporting faculty who are investigating community-engaged learning and research and its specific impacts.
- Funding: $100,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- Application is due on January 31, 2019 in 131 days
Engaged Undergraduate Research Grants
Expanding the number of students involved in established community-engaged research.
- Funding: $40,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- Application is due on January 22, 2019 in 122 days
Seeds and Supplements
Engaged Opportunity Grants
Supporting a wide range of community-engaged projects, from student leadership programs and partnership building to events and conference travel. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $5,000 maximum
- Application is due on September 27, 2018 in 5 days
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Funding: $10,000 maximum
- Application is due on June 19, 2019 in 270 days
Engaged Scholar Prize
Given to a faculty member who inspires with innovative approaches to community-engaged learning and research.
- Funding: $30,000 prize to expand work
- Application is due on November 14, 2018 in 53 days
George D. Levy Faculty Award
Recognizing a faculty member whose community collaborations serve as models for outstanding community engagement in higher education.
- Funding: $5,000
- Application is due on October 31, 2018 in 39 days