Funding for Faculty & Staff
Engaged Cornell funding for faculty and staff comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Take a look at the three funding areas to see what best suits your work.
- Grants fund community-engaged courses, research and scholarship.
- Seeds and supplements help faculty and staff get smaller projects off the ground or add a community-engaged component to another grant project.
- Awards honor and celebrate faculty with a history of exemplary engagement.
Engaged Curriculum Grants
Funding teams that are integrating community engagement into new and existing curricula.
- Funding: $150,000 four-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on April 6, 2018.
Grants for Faculty Research on Engagement
Supporting faculty who are investigating community-engaged learning and research and its specific impacts.
- Funding: $100,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on February 2, 2018. Applications will reopen in September 2018.
Undergraduate Engaged Research Grants
Expanding the number of students involved in established community-engaged research.
- Funding: $40,000 two-year maximum (see details)
- The application was due on January 21, 2018. Applications will reopen in September 2018.
Seeds and Supplements
Engaged Opportunity Grants
Supporting a wide range of community-engaged projects, from student leadership programs and partnership building to events and conference travel. Open to all faculty and staff.
- Funding: $5,000 maximum
- The application was due on April 9, 2018. Applications will reopen in the fall.
Academic Venture Fund Supplemental Grants
Supporting undergraduate participation in cutting-edge, community-engaged projects funded by the Atkinson Center for a Sustainable Future
- Funding: $10,000 maximum
- The application was due on June 19, 2018.
Engaged Scholar Prize
Given to a faculty member who inspires with innovative approaches to community-engaged learning and research.
- Funding: $30,000 prize to expand work
- The application was due on February 26, 2018. Nominations will reopen in September 2018.
George D. Levy Faculty Award
Recognizing a faculty member whose community collaborations serve as models for outstanding community engagement in higher education.
- Funding: $5,000
- The application was due on February 26, 2018.