The Office of Engagement Initiatives offers information sessions, workshops, and consultations throughout the year. While these opportunities are geared primarily toward faculty, staff and community partners are welcome participants and contributors.
- Info sessions are generally held to provide background and answer questions related to active RFPs.
- Workshops are designed to strengthen and enrich the projects at hand, and to build the network of scholarship for public purposes, with public partners. Workshops are tailored to funding opportunities that are currently accepting proposals or that have active grants.
- The Office of Engagement Initiatives staff are available for one-on-one or group consultations at any time.
Info Sessions (for current funding opportunities)
There are no information sessions scheduled at this time. Contact us for more information about grants and programs.
A video of the September 2016 info session is available above and on CornellCast.
In this video
- 00:00 Engaged Cornell overview
- 06:33 Engaged Curriculum Grants
- 12:30 Undergraduate Engaged Research Programs
- 18:40 Engaged Research Grants for Faculty
- 23:22 Engaged Opportunity Grants
- 27:10 Engaged Scholar Prize
- 28:51 Engaged Faculty Fellowship Program
- 32:05 Engaged Graduate Student Grants
- 35:28 Community-Engaged Student Travel Grant Program
- 39:22 Certificate in Engaged Leadership
- 42:08 Support & Network
- 43:40 Q&A
Workshops (for recently funded projects)
Spring 2017 *topics are subject to change*
- March 2 / 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. / 160 Mann Library / Topic: Transmedia Workshop: Presenting Research to Public Audiences (w/ Jon McKenzie)
- March 7 / 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m. / 701 Clark Hall / Topic: Workshopping Critical Problems in Community Partnership
- March 30 / 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. / 701 Clark Hall / Topic: Engaged Student Learning Outcomes
- April 10 / 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. / 701 Clark Hall / Topic: Integrative Learning Through Critical Reflection
Please click here to register for a Engaged Curriculum Grant (ECG) LOI consultation, a requirement for all first-time ECG applicants. Please consult with your team before registering: you should all come together, but only one team member needs to register the team.
Contact us to set up a one-on-one consultation.