Engaged Cornell is everywhere, and anyone at Cornell can be involved. But there is a dedicated team of leaders and staff stewarding the Engaged Cornell mission and strategy and managing the day-to-day operations.
Engaged Cornell Leadership
- Katherine McComas, Vice Provost, Engagement and Land-Grant Affairs
- Ryan Lombardi, Vice President, Student and Campus Life
- Basil Safi, Executive Director, Office of Engagement Initiatives
- Wendy Wolford, Vice Provost, International Affairs
- Lisa Nishii, Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
- Amy Russ, Principal Gifts Officer, Alumni Affairs and Development
- Gerard Aching, Provost’s Fellow for Public Engagement
Office of Engagement Initiatives (OEI)
OEI staff lead programs, host workshops, administer grants, manage communications (including this website), connect Cornellians to community partners and do much more to amplify the Engaged Cornell mission. If you have a question about community engagement at Cornell and don’t know who to ask, start with someone in OEI.
For more information about OEI, visit the website.
Faculty Advisory Committee, 2017-19
The Faculty Advisory Committee is responsible for thought leadership, a research agenda for Engaged Cornell and preparation of the next generation of engaged-learning scholars.
- Debra Castillo, Stephen H. Weiss Presidential Fellow, Emerson Hinchliff Professor of Hispanic Studies and Director of the Latino/a Studies Program, Department of Latina/o Studies
- Marianne Krasny, Professor and Director of the Civic Ecology Lab, Department of Natural Resources
- Bruce Levitt, Professor, Department of Performing and Media Arts
- Scott Peters, Professor, Department of Development Sociology
- Robert Weiss, Professor of Molecular Genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences
- K. Max Zhang, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering