Engaged Cornell is everywhere, and anyone at Cornell can be involved. But there is a dedicated team of leaders and staff stewarding the Engaged Cornell mission and strategy and managing the day-to-day operations.
Engaged Cornell Leadership
- Judy Appleton, Vice Provost
- Ryan Lombardi, Vice President, Student and Campus Life
- Basil Safi, Executive Director, Office of Engagement Initiatives
- Laura Spitz, Vice Provost, International Affairs
- Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education (vacant)
- Laura Toy, Principal Gifts Officer, Alumni Affairs and Development
- Gerard Aching, Provost’s Fellow for Public Engagement
- M. Diane Burton, Provost’s Fellow for Public Engagement
Office of Engagement Initiatives (OEI)
OEI staff lead programs, host workshops, administer grants, manage communications (including this website), connect Cornellians to community partners and do much more to amplify the Engaged Cornell mission. If you have a question about community engagement at Cornell and don’t know who to ask, start with someone in OEI.
For more information about OEI, visit the website.
The 2017-18 Public Engagement Council is currently being formed. Members will be posted here later this fall.